Bonaire - shore dive with tanks on dock and good stairs with handrails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Yellow Sub certainly has the benefit of walking distance from the pier. If you have a way to get around (and I assume that is an option if you are talking about Habitat, Buddy Dive, etc.), you might try the Cliff from Dive Friends @ Hamlet Oasis. While there isn't a dock, the facility is setup for an easy entry and it's a very nice dive with easy navigation. The tanks are handy with helpful staff and a good setup area in the shop. The shop also has good rinse & outdoor shower facilities. There are wide steps down to the entry and a big rock at the entry point you can use for hand holds (balance) as you enter. There is also an underwater cable that leads out over the drop for easy navigation (Habitat & Buddy Dive both have navigation devices as well) and again the Cliff is a very nice dive. Just another option. Have fun. :)

Fellow divers-

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies!

I have booked our group with VIP divers, and we're going to have our very own 'dive butler' taking care of us. It's going to be a bit spendy ($149 each + $10 marine park), but will be worth it to have all the knees come back intact.

I'll post when we get back to let everyone know how it went.

Wendy

Fellow divers-

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies!

I have booked our group with VIP divers, and we're going to have our very own 'dive butler' taking care of us. It's going to be a bit spendy ($149 each + $10 marine park), but will be worth it to have all the knees come back intact.

I'll post when we get back to let everyone know how it went.

Wendy
The Marine park fee is $10 bucks if you snorkel.... $25 bucks to scuba.... paid in CASH... And it's a annual park pass so it doesn't matter if it's one dive or a hundred...

Jim...

Not exactly...STINAPA - Bonaire National Marine Park
The Nature Fee: All users of the Marine Park must pay an entrance fee. Known as the Nature Fees, these are once yearly charges of U.S. $25 for SCUBA divers and U.S. $10 for other users. A $10 one-day pass for SCUBA divers is also available. The Nature Fee can be paid at dive centers, the activity desks of hotels, through providers of activities in the Bonaire National Marine Park

4 people 150 each. Is that for 2 tank boat dive? I think you might be getting raped.

You should be able to find an operator to take you out boat diving for much less then that.

Boat diving is a good idea as no tank lugging involved

4 people 150 each. Is that for 2 tank boat dive? I think you might be getting raped.

You should be able to find an operator to take you out boat diving for much less then that.

Boat diving is a good idea as no tank lugging involved

Climbing ladders with bad knees may be the issue.

VIP doesn't boat dive. Butler service means they'll haul tanks etc. as needed also.

https://vipdiving.com/guided-dives/cruise-ship-dive-package/

Especially for cruise passengers, we offer a package that includes dive equipment, tanks, a dive guide, an island tour, (non alcoholic) drinks and a picnic on the beach. From the moment we pick you up from the pier until the moment we bring you back for boarding, we will take care of everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom