Trip Report Bonaire video and trip report - April 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really, I'm trying to be tactful, but foodies gotta be aware of what they can sometimes come across like to the rest of us. I've seen New Yorkers call Pasa Bon pizza mediocre. Well of course it is when compared to what's available in NYC.

NY and pizza has nothing to do with foodies... It's a religion :wink:

Thanks.

Not sure about the legality of fishing for locals, but there are a few places where you can buy the day's catch from fishermen--one near dive hut and another on the way to Sorobon. I'm assuming there are different regulations for local fishermen?

I know locals have to use hand lines from shore. We bought a nice Mahi-Mahi from fisherman right in town years ago - they weren't keeping it a secret. I assume those are caught trolling with rod and real just off of the reef ???? (I mean in 120-130 ft of water)

NY and pizza has nothing to do with foodies... It's a religion :wink:

I better quit talking food. I've probably already given away how unsophisticated I am. We go to NYC and I want to eat at the food carts. I won't eat at the sushi counter in the CVS pharmacy though. Almost cried when I first wandered downstairs in Grand Central.

Our last trip we found a crepe place right in town on the water side, so good! I think I would agree with your beginning description of bonaire and why it's so great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom