For Sale BOTH SOLD - Oceanic VT4.1 Wrist Computer - two units

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Up for sale are TWO of Oceanic's venerable VT4.1 wrist dive computers. Rugged and reliable, these computers are perfect for the diver who desires advanced features at a great value. Even better, most divers will never outgrow the robust features of the VT4.1 computer.

Both computers are mounted in DSS's bungee mounts. Straps are included should you wish to change to a more conventional mounting scheme.

Batteries are easy to change - a major cost saving feature.

DRIS sold this computer for $999. Your savings are HUGE! You'll be the cool kids on the block, your friends jealous as you quickly and easily switch between gas settings.

You can be the proud owner of ONE of these computers for the great price of $195, shipped at your expense.

Better yet, buy both - one for you and one for your buddy - and have the benefit of matching personal dive computers.

ABOUT THE OCEANIC VT4.1 WRIST COMPUTER

The Oceanic VT4.1 takes yet another step forward in continuing a reputation of ruggedness and reliability while making advancements in PDC usability. Out-of-the-box ready for your dive today and ready to follow you onto more advanced dives in the future.
  • Powered by Oceanic’s Exclusive Dual Algorithm allowing you to choose the decompression algorithm that best suits your diving needs without compromising safety, PZ+, based on Buhlmann ZHL-16c, or DSAT.

• Deep Stop with Countdown Timer

• Switch between up to 4 independent wireless transmitters, tracking up to four Nitrox mixes

• 3-Axis Digital Compass with Full Tilt Compensation

• Scuba, Guage and Free Dive Mode

• No fly countdown timer

• User replaceable screen protector
  • User Replaceable Battery with Data Retention

• Firmware updateable
  • Customizable safety stop depth, with countdown timer
  • Customizable conservative factors
Oceanic VT4 Manual

VT4.1 Pro w/ Transmitter

IMG_3043.jpg IMG_3044.jpg IMG_3045.jpg oceanicvt4mainpic.png

Do they need to be removed from the DSS boot for battery change? How easy is that?

Yes, the back of the DSS bungee mount is solid. The mount must be removed to access the battery compartment.

How Easy?
  • Well, if I can do it - anyone can. The learning curve is about one on-and-off attempt.
  • The key? Patience - a little pressure here and there, work it gently and it comes on and off with surprising ease.
  • I dunk the mount in warm water. Like most rubber products the bungee mount becomes increasingly malleable after soaking in warm water.
  • It's like putting on a new wetsuit - a little tight here and there at first - but easier after each repetition
What about the battery you might wonder?
  • It too is easy to replace at home or in the field
  • Time? About 5 minutes - give or take.
  • Cost at a dive shop? If you are a regular and bring the battery, it should be a ~$10 tip and a 'thanks'. Me, I'd bring a six-pack too.
Battery Specs - see page 57 of product pdf
Watch the dude from DSS easily remove and replace the bungee mount in this video. Sure, he's had a lot of practice, but you can do it!

Hi @Cert1967

I have a VT 3, battery change is very easy. Getting it out of the wrist boot, in or out of the DSS boot, is not so easy

@scubadada

Oh, its really pretty easy - after all you want the puck to stay in the DSS boot, right?

This AM I soaked the unit+boot for about 5 minutes in warm water. After which, it took me ~3 minutes to wiggle it out and ~2 mins more to nudge it back in.

All in all, the battery lasts a long time, minimizing the need for changes.

Most divers will get a year of dives from one battery.

You-all keep lookin at the fabulous VT4s that are up for sale - but no takers yet.

So, I'll sweeten the offer

NEW PRICE = $175

All of you that have been looking for a simple computer at a great price, this is it!

I'm very familiar with this great computer considering I've got a few hundred dives on mine and very interested in at least making you an offer (on one as a back up) but... I might have missed something somewhere. Condition? How many dives on them? Photos? Including battery compartment door where they are most likely to flood? That would go a long way towards nudging me along.

I'm very familiar with this great computer considering I've got a few hundred dives on mine Photos? That would go a long way towards nudging me along.

My bad I see you have a couple pictures of the units posted.

One sold and on the way - USPS says Monday delivery - to the gentleman from Indiana.

Oceanic's VT4 - perhaps their most successful puck computer.

On the fence? Nows the time!

One sold and on the way - USPS says Monday delivery - to the gentleman from Indiana.

Oceanic's VT4 - perhaps their most successful puck computer.

On the fence? Nows the time!

Pm sent

Back
Top Bottom