Bought a Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 things stood out: It does not turn on when it gets wet. Once dive I booted it up but by the time I made it to the water & got it wet, it had shut itself off & did not automatically turn on. Not a big deal but good to know. I did poke through the settings but if there's a place to change this, I didn't find it.
I think it's in the settings. Mine automatically turns on at 2ft I think.
The Peregrine counted EDT until the end of my safety stop & then stopped counting. I did not drop back below 20 FSW, possibly that might cause it to resume. Don't know. But I was at depth for an additional 5 minutes or so & the EDT did not account for this.
Again, I wonder if this is in the settings. Mine counts EDT until I'm nearly on the boat. I know this because if I'm at 99 minutes I'll hang out under the boat to get to 100!!

I'm gonna go dig up my Peregrine and see what I can find out. Make sure you give it a good warm, fresh water rinse after each dive. It helps to keep the two buttons from getting crusty and sticking.

Peregrine manual

On page 6 it says:

"For reference, normal sea level pressure is 1013 mbar and 1 mbar of pressure corresponds to approximately
1 cm (0.4") of water. So, when at sea level, the Peregrine will automatically turn on and enter dive
mode when about 0.9 m (3 ft) underwater."

Still not sure about EDT ...

Page 42:

"
End Dive Delay
Sets the time in seconds to wait after surfacing before
ending the current dive.
This value can be set from 20 seconds to 600 seconds
(10 minutes). Default is 60s.
This value can be set to a longer time if you want brief
surface intervals connected together into one dive. Some
instructors use a longer end dive delay when teaching
courses. Alternatively, a shorter time can be used to exit
dive mode more quickly upon surfacing."

Mine does not turn on. Once noticed I tried again on purpose. Possibly I didn't get it deep enough to trigger that. I'll have to try that & see what it does

Mine does not turn on. Once noticed I tried again on purpose. Possibly I didn't get it deep enough to trigger that. I'll have to try that & see what it does
I added what might fix the other issue too. When will you dive again?

Problem is at the "end" of the dive I did not surface.

I completed a safety stop & then remained at 15 FSW for several minutes & the EDT simply stopped incrementing.

To be fair I actually like the Peregrine a lot. Don't want that to sound negative bc it really isn't, just a fair assessment after a week of hard diving

My "End Dive Delay" is set at 60s.

5 minutes seems to exceed that & it may have been longer before I surfaced
The way I'm reading it feels like they're saying the EDT will end 60 seconds after you surface. It's ending, for you, when you finish your safety stop. That's before you surface. Maybe give Shearwater a call to see what's up. I FIGHT for my bottom time!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom