Bought a Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for battery life, I had never charged it. It was fully charged out of the box. I tuned it on & checked about every month of 2 & by the time of the trip it was still fully charged.

After 5 days of diving (about 10 hours BT) the battery was showing about 50% charge, so I put it on the charger. It didn't take long to fully recharge.

That was followed by another 4 hrs of BT and it still shows almost fully charged.

I think you need to call Shearwater. As to the end dive time delay I like to have mine set to 600 seconds. If you drop down and then have to surface for a problem you end up with another dive. If set to the 10 minutes if you surface briefly for a problem you just continue on the same dive.

2 things stood out: It does not turn on when it gets wet. Once dive I booted it up but by the time I made it to the water & got it wet, it had shut itself off & did not automatically turn on. Not a big deal but good to know. I did poke through the settings but if there's a place to change this, I didn't find it.
The Peregrine, like many modern computers, does not turn on when wet, but rather turns on at 1m(3ft) depth.

Not sure what EDT is... It isn't in the Peregrine manual either. Did you mean DET?

I sent a message to support asking about it. It's not a big deal but I am curious about it.

Plan is to do 5 dives weekend after next so I'll have chances to observe this thing in action some more

I sent a message to support asking about it. It's not a big deal but I am curious about it.
Downloads show full dive all the way to the surface, right?
It does seem curious, but I’m sure it’s taking that extra time into account.

I can’t say that I’ve noticed the same with my Perdix, but I wasn’t really looking, either. I’ll pay attention to it next time.

No idea. These are the first dives on it so now I have to figure out how to download them to the app

No idea. These are the first dives on it so now I have to figure out how to download them to the app
Tends to work best on a mobile device. PCs and Macs can be finicky with connection.

I use Subsurface on iOS primarily, but if you are using Shearwater Cloud, the process is pretty much the same.

Launch the app.
Put the Peregrine in Bluetooth mode. (Just hit the left button until you see “Start Bluetooth, then hit the right button)
Then hit the Connect icon on the app. It should find your Peregrine and allow you to connect to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom