Bought Top Dawg II and need camera advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you'll be OK, but you'll see for sure after you'll download the trial version of any of the software that can handle HDV files. I use Ulead video studio 10 plus, but this is my personal choice because I'm familiar with this program thins version 4.0. A suggestion would be to get a external hard drive to store your work and make sure is connecting via fire wire and make sure that the fire wire card that you need for your laptop has more than one port.

wilbkr1:
Any recommendations on a brand of Fire wire card? Thanks for the help.

Are you 100% sure that your laptop does not have a fire wire port? Go to Device Manager and look for IEEE1934 port, this is the "official" name of a fire wire port

Yep. No built in Firewire. My network admin was surprised too. We buy about 200 laptops a year and never considered putting in firewire. I may need to rethink the companies laptop profile.

Back
Top Bottom