Box Jellyfish, Pygmy Killer Whales, Reef Surveys - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adiverslife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Learn about Box Jellyfish in Bonaire, which is just as lethal as those in the Pacific. We are filming these jellyfish within a few centimeters from our camera dome port. Experience a rare encounter with Pygmy Killer Whales, and see the behind the scenes reef survey efforts on reef health in the remote northern areas of Bonaire.

Rich
A Diver's Life

If I ever have the chance to visit Bonaire again, I want to go diving with you. You are a doing a great job, educational yet entertaining. I wish you more success!

Wait, you have box jellyfish on Bonaire "as lethal as those Down Under"? I hope it's the kind that kills you in 30 seconds, not the kind that has you wishing it did for 5 days, before you OD on morphine. :outtahere:

Rich, I love the information. I will be in Bonaire over Christmas break and want to dive and experience the Ostracod before NYE. Your video shows the box jellyfish feeding on them. Are the box jellyfish common all over Bonaire or just near oil slick jump. I want to stay away from them. LOL

If I ever have the chance to visit Bonaire again, I want to go diving with you. You are a doing a great job, educational yet entertaining. I wish you more success!
Wholeheartedly agree. I just found their videos a few months ago while actually on bonaire and looking for info on one of the reefs. The videos do an exceptional job of educating. I presonally don't like watching peoples' videos of them just diving and looking at fish. I've got a very short attention span for youtube and in particular dive videos, but these hold my attention

It’s true, everything in Australia is trying to kill you!

Erik

main-qimg-41a00877c64035e9e2dab6ec61f48106 (1).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom