Boyle's Law question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, when I mean mass I say mass. When I mean mols I say mols. When I mean molecular mass, I say molecular mass. And I sincerely believe that I know what I'm talking about, because this is smack in the middle of my major (chemistry).

Maybe if you're loose enough. I'm not that loose, and that's why I started my post with a nerd alert.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug
Well how about that! Chemistry was my major too, and the subject of my long career. In fact, physical chemistry was a favorite subject.

I have to apologize, I read your post too hastily earlier and misunderstood your main point. In defense, that point was tangential to the discussion thus far of gas laws and what goes on in a scuba tank. You're correct that mole is a more precise way to express the relevant variable and far better than mass in a context of changing elemental composition of a gas

It's also correct that the term mass had been properly used, unless you misunderstood NetDoc and others to be meaning molecular mass, or inexplicably referring to circumstances where elemental composition was not constant.

It's also correct that the term mass had been properly used, unless you misunderstood NetDoc and others to be meaning molecular mass, or inexplicably referring to circumstances where elemental composition was not constant.
Indeed.

The best part about a forum is that we get to sharpen our understanding. Sometimes that means we have to get rid of some misunderstandings along the way. There's no need to take disagreements personally, but rather as an opportunity to sharpen your wits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom