BP - Which crotch strap is more comfortable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a one inch Diverite premade crotch strap on my Freedom Plate and I have the two inch resin impregnated webbing on my Hammerhead and Oxycheq plates. I never notice them. Usually the wetsuit insulates you. The one inch soft webbing I have on the Freedom Plate is comfortable with just a swimsuit. If the strap is that tight you need to loosen it up some. I have noticed that two inch hard resin impregnated webbing will saw and chafe the legs etc if just in a swimsuit, the one inch does not. In a wetsuit it just does not seem to matter either way.

N

I've dove with both saddle and 2" crotch straps in the past and must say, the latter is more comfortable. As danktex mentioned, the latter should not be tight where you can feel it, well, on your crotch.

i made a DIY one out of 2" webbing.... not too tight... gonna try it out during my next trip.... :)

I've used both...I prefer the one-inch Dive Rite version. I use with a 3/2 and a 5/4 wetsuit.

Cheers.

-J.-

Whatever soft two-inch webbing DSS uses works quite well, indeed.

I would suggest the softer type nylon webbing. The standard, stiff 2" harness nylon could cause the types of issues you want to avoid. The crotch strap is supposed to provide added stability, not lift and separation so to speak.

Thanks for your inputs..

I haven't tried 1 inch one.

It looks very narrow, so I was afraid of getting it stuck in a hip village. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom