BP & wings just recieved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its tough to work with out of the box, but the webbing will loosen up after just a few dives.

The real important adjustments to get nailed are the shoulder strap lengths. Be sure you can reach over youor head and touch the plate, and behind your back and touch the plate. The BAUE site has good reference pics of that.

I rounded off the end of my waist band - makes it easier to get in and out of the buckle. Leave it long for a few dives so you have room to tweak it. Once you got the sizing dialed, lop it off so you can get it through the crotch strap and just poking out the other side an inch or two.

Be sure to adjust while wearing your exposure suit and undies (if Dry)...it'll get warm, but it'll be worth it.

Don't put the shoulder rings too low. Its easy to do, as when you look in the mirrow, you'll think they're too high. Its actually easier to clip / unclip when they're high (as in the BAUE) as opposed to where you may want to 'naturally' put them.
It takes time, but when you get it dialed, you're done for the next 5 years.

Keep at it.

Ken

I like the BAUE site a lot… I think I am real close to were it should be. I can touch the top of the back plate and from the looks of it I have all the D-rings in the right place. I know that the shoulder straps will still need to be adjusted since I do not have an exposure suit yet.

Very simple setup, no quick releases or cummerbund that my BC has, all those were kind of a pain. Put my arms in the shoulder straps put the waist strap on and you’re done. Not real comfortable in the shoulder area but I knew it wouldn’t be as comfortable as my BC out of water, other then that I like it so far. Now all I have to do is go to the Pool and try it out before I get to the OW.

If you're going to use this with a wetsuit, but plan on getting a drysuit in the near future, leave some extra webbing on the waistband - you will need to readjust the shoulder straps longer in future. I learnt this one the hard way.

ScubaDan once bubbled...
I'm getting there on the adjustments but it's not easy for someone that has never had a BP and wing setup. I wish the Bozo that sold me this could have help with the adjustments :D

I would like to know if you cut the waist band's extra length off, If not, what do you do with the extra?

The harness material is real stiff and very hard to work with. I like the crotch strap a lot better.

I'll bet the Bozo would be happy to spend an afternoon diving with you and help you get things all squared away. If not, sho elsewhere! I'll bet that's the fun part of selling stuff anyway.

You can cut some off the belt but leave enough so it can be adjusted for other suits if needed. Round it off and melt the end so it don't come apart.

Hint...if you cut to much it will be too short but webbing is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom