Brand New Faulty Mares Hybrid AT BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Borneo666

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Morning

I hoping someone from Mares technical will see this.

On Wednesday I took delivery of my new dive gear from Scubastore/Dive Inn. A Mares Abyss 22 Navy 11 first and second stage, Prestige octopus, Puck Air computer and Hybrid AT BCD.

Like a kid in a sweet shop I excitedly rushed over and dropped it all off to my dive instructor who is a certified Mares tech. He said it'll be ready for me to dive at the weekend.

He called me on Friday and informed me that there was a leak coming from the AT deflate button on my BCD and in his opinion it could be a faulty O ring but was reluctant to investigate further and that I should contact Dive Inn to see how to proceed. As they are not easy to deal with and I don't want to pay delivery charges and have to wait an eternity for a replacement my question is as he is a certified Mares tech can he disassemble the AT system and rectify the problem without affecting the warranty?

I'm keen to get in the water!!!

Many thanks

Mike

With some items the warranty comes from the manufacturer and not the seller. Did you check with Mares and see who they allow to service their new products? Being trained to do service is not always the same as being allowed to do warranty service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom