Breath hold strengthening suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a generic "freediving trainer" app for your phone and run through the exercise daily. Improving from 90 to 150 seconds went very quick, no idea for more experienced people

Whilst I have enough knowledge and experience for providing some effective hints, I prefer not to pass you these info.
Breath holding is a very dangerous practice. And free diving at depth is even more dangerous.
When I was 20 I did train for free diving, and during this training I incurred in shallow depth blackout twice.
In the swimming pool and under vigilant eye of the trainer, who rescued and revived me promptly.
One of the two episodes was a true near-death experience.
This convinced me to give up entirely free diving, and focusing on scuba diving only, which is far less dangerous (despite I was doing deco dives in air down 50+ meters).
So, if you still want to practice breath holding, I warmly suggest that you train only under the guidance and supervision of a qualified instructor, capable also of rescue and resuscitation.
A good free diving instructor will also provide you these hints on how extending your breath-holding time.

Don't practice anything in the water without a spotter you trust with your life. Taking a freedive course would be very smart. If you had done that, you would be introduced to some very specific techniques.

If you want less dangerous practice (until you take proper training) , doing timed walks (on land - preferably grass areas) may help a lot.

The link below is probably a good start. I myself, am too undisciplined to practice "tables".

Play underwater hockey

1690513691827.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom