Breezes Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right next door is Dive bus and their House Reef I really enjoyed diving it 2 weeks ago. The Dive Bus will take you to various shore dives on the Island. Located at Breezes is a pick up point for Ocean Encounters boat dive I am not aware if there is a shop there but further down the beach is the Ocean Encounters. You will enjoy the Dive Bus Mark and Suzy are great... The Dive Bus - HOME Enjoy!

I hear it has great shore diving. I will be there April 09 so will let you know.

As stated above there are 2 options for your diving. Ocean encounters, and the dive bus. If you perfer boat diving I would recommend OC. They are located right on the resort. They are a safe and top notch operation. I have used them twice while staying at Breezes. They do require you to do a check out dive with them before you get on the boat. No big deal its just a fun dive and for you to work out weight/gear issues. If you perfer shore diving than the dive bus is the way to go. I have not dove with them, but meet with them and they are a great group of people also. you can also rent a car and drive yourself to dive locations around the Island.
As far as the resort, I personally didn't have any problems. The food was good, rooms were nice, enjoyed the activities there. You can also do shore diving at Breezes, the house reef which is the breaker right at the resort. I would recommend that you do a few dives there, nice long fun dives. If you have any more questions you can PM me. You will enjoy your dives in Curacao.

Been to Breezes 5 times in as many years--Loved it. Keep in mind, island accomodations are not comparable to US accomodations. I also found that people complained about ocean front rooms the least (which was always our choice.) We always went in August never went in June, but I am sure it is about the same. Breezes can be tough (mealwise) at busy times, but off times are great.
As far as diving, my husband and I both certified and dove with the Dive Bus, an awesome, professional and fun dive op. It was very convenient, right outside the wall of Breezes and they can answer any question you have about diving the island, check out their website the-dive-bus.com Feel free to PM, hope this information is helpful.

Hi My wife and I went to breezes Curacao year and a half ago. Oceans encounter operation eas great. Very friendly and helpful. The diving was beautiful. The viz was great. The resort was fair. But the diving made up for what we did not like about the resort. Hope you have a great time

scubadivesafe.com

Over the past 5 years I have seen many great improvements in the resort, and they seem to be continuing that trend. We also took advantage of OE's on site dive op and they are very good, but we enjoyed the variety of having more choices of shore dives (I am not a boat person) with The Dive Bus. The advantage of staying at Breezes is that it is an all inclusive, you really do not have to carry money, other than diving we spend very little once we get settled. The bus stop is right acrossed the streeet from Breezes, easy access to town. They are walking distance to the seaquarium:wink:, next door to Mambo beach and The Dive Bus. I will definitely do Breezes again, be sure to look up Norma at the bar and tell her baby love says hi (that's her nickname for most of the visitors that she gets to know;-))

This is one of the few places (besides Cozumel) where you have all-inclusive and good diving. They include a guided shore dive in the package for everyone. The rooms have been upgraded recently and I feel the people that were not happy with the resort in the past were comparing it to higher end all-inclusive resorts and not your typical "scuba diving" resorts at scuba specific locations .

I have taken a number of groups there with good luck and feel that for what they charge it is a good buy.

Curacao Underwater photos

Hey MSP Diver!!

My name is Bryan Horne and I am the manager at Ocean Encounters - Breezes!!

Email me or PM me and I will be more than happy to help you out!!

My personal email is: breezes@oceanencounters.com

We look after all the onsite diving for Breezes... one free shore per day is included in your stay plus we have a full schedule of boat diving available from as far east and west on Curacao!

Let me know what you want to do and we will look after the rest!!

Talk to you soon!!

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom