Bring inhaler while diving not using underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C_L_O_W_N

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys, I m just wondering can I bring the asthma inhaler unerwater? Not for using it while diving just bring it since the cars temp rises to 150f degree in the summer.
Thanks

If you are worried about high temperature in the car, you might have a small cooler with blue ice and place the inhaler there. Could add some insulation between the ice and inhaler if you are concerned with it getting too cold.

For the vehicle temp, just crack the windows open a bit, put a sun screen on your inside windshield and you should be fine.

Another option might be a Dry Fob or something like it.

PS..... Not my business........but I assume that the asthma is something you've addressed in regards to any contraindications for diving

I know nothing about inhaler construction. How will it do under pressure?

Hi guys, I m just wondering can I bring the asthma inhaler unerwater? Not for using it while diving just bring it since the cars temp rises to 150f degree in the summer.
Thanks

Not every inhaler is for asthma.
Very true........ but when the OP of this thread says..... "can I bring the asthma inhaler underwater"...... it just seemed reasonable to assume that he/she is talking about an asthma inhaler.

Very true........ but when the OP of this thread says..... "can I bring the asthma inhaler underwater"...... it just seemed reasonable to assume that he/she is talking about an asthma inhaler.
I have an inhaler.
It is commonly referred to as an asthma inhaler.
I do not have asthma.
You are absolutely correct in that it is not our business whether or not they have asthma nor whether or not they checked with medical professionals.

I know nothing about inhaler construction. How will it do under pressure?
Not sure..... it's a small lightweight (aluminum I think) canister that's pressurized so with a finger press it'll deliver a metered amount of gas as you inhale......I think its Albuterol. It's a fairly lightweight canister but then it's also cylindrical and pressurized so it might hold up under pressure. If I think about it next time out on the boat I'll take one and clip it to a downrigger and take it down to 150 and see how it does.
I have an inhaler.
It is commonly referred to as an asthma inhaler.
I do not have asthma.
You are absolutely correct in that it is not our business whether or not they have asthma nor whether or not they checked with medical professionals.
All good points.....but this forum most likely would not exist if folks didn't often comment on things that are not their business. As divers, instructors, DM's, agencies, dive op's, etc...... and maybe its just us old timers........ I think it's just natural to be a bit concerned for anyone who dives and has indicated in any way that they may have asthma. And......unless things have changed since I retired from teaching........ all of the agencies seem to make it their business on their medical forms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom