Brinyte 4 LED Diving Flashlight - DIV15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To late, already got the notification email. :wink:

Mistaking 32650 for 26650 can happen, not an issue to delete. :)
But just for your information, there are 26650 with a real Capacity of about 5000 to 5500mAh out there. And while those are not IMR Cells, the 5A this Light consumes are not a problem for "normal" LiIo 26650.
(just taking a guess.. 3.8kLm should be about 2.5A per LED for one Cell, resulting in 10A total. Two in Series would be about 5A.)

5000mAh-5500mAh range 26650 is definitely possible. Above 6000mAh hasn't happened today, maybe in future.

As for output, 3800 lumen is possible but it is quite optimistic. If 5A is needed to go into the LEDs, the current draw from battery can be as much as 30% higher due to parasitics lose. 30% isn't exaggeration at all at 5A kind of load for 1 series of battery. But I guess, even with 30% lost, 2 hours of runtime with 7000mAh 32250 (if exists) is still possible in theory. I can't way what the lumen output of this light is until I can make some measurement, but pushing 5A across is a lot of current in a handheld application like this. It is impractical if possible at all.

Received my DIV15 a few Days ago. Didn't dive with it yet, but other than that i really like it so far. It's very sturdy and seems to be well built. It draws about 4.2A at 7.4V on high, the light Output is quite impressive. Judging from comparison with various other (non-dive) Lights i own, including a 75W HID, i'd say >3000lm is very realistic.

I bought one from Everbuying. Was amazingly bright while it worked. I used it several times on drylands. Died after a single snorkle though, no water got inside, looks sturdy but the electronics seem unreliable. Everbuying has no customer service so I am stuck.

update, I thought that maybe Brinyte would know of a good legit source of their lights, initially Nancy at Brinyte seemed helpful but then nothing, so if you do buy a Brinyte light that fails, it sounds like you have no recourse. Here is the exchange:
Me:
[FONT=&#23435]I purchased a DIV15 from [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]everbuying[/FONT][FONT=&#23435] a couple of weeks ago, it failed within a week and this website and the other two I have found that sell your lights (gearbest, dealsmachine) have had hundreds of complaints on sites like sitejabbercom making me think that they are scam sites. [/FONT][FONT=&#23435]Everbuying[/FONT][FONT=&#23435] has a nonexistent customer service in my experience as well. I think that with only these sites selling your lights their bad business practices might rub off on your products. I was hoping that you could recommend a reputable dealer most favorably in the US that sells your lights, like the DIV15, DIV11 and DIV08.
[/FONT]Nancy:Hello James,
[FONT=&#23435]Thank you very much for your suggestion, it is very helpful for us. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Would you please let me know what is the problem for your DIV15? I will check what we can do for that. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Hope your reply, so that we can do more for you. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Thank you, [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Nancy
Me:
Thanks for your reply,The light does not turn on. The batteries are freshly charged and the gold contacts have been carefully cleaned and the light top is very tightly screwed on. My diagnosis is that the driver electronics have failed. I worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped working from one day to the next
Jim
me again:
Hi Nancy,Can you recommend a legit supplier of your lights? What should I do with the dead one?
Nancy:
Has given no response yet, (it been about a week)

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that jbardwel... did they reply anything in the meantime?

As for myself, i just came home from a 2 Week Vacation on the Philippines and had plenty of Opportunity to test the Lights i had with me: Brinyte DIV10, 12 and 15 and Xtar D06 and D26.
I took all of them to a depth of about 40-42m several times and they all worked great. No leakage at all. I'm the most amazed by the DIV12 (remember: $35 shipped with battery and charger), but i mostly preferred the DIV10. Having a Goodman Handle is just soooo handy...

Last edited:
update, I thought that maybe Brinyte would know of a good legit source of their lights, initially Nancy at Brinyte seemed helpful but then nothing, so if you do buy a Brinyte light that fails, it sounds like you have no recourse. Here is the exchange:
Me:
[FONT=&#23435]I purchased a DIV15 from everbuying a couple of weeks ago, it failed within a week and this website and the other two I have found that sell your lights (gearbest, dealsmachine) have had hundreds of complaints on sites like sitejabbercom making me think that they are scam sites. Everbuying has a nonexistent customer service in my experience as well. I think that with only these sites selling your lights their bad business practices might rub off on your products. I was hoping that you could recommend a reputable dealer most favorably in the US that sells your lights, like the DIV15, DIV11 and DIV08.
[/FONT]Nancy:Hello James,
[FONT=&#23435]Thank you very much for your suggestion, it is very helpful for us. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Would you please let me know what is the problem for your DIV15? I will check what we can do for that. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Hope your reply, so that we can do more for you. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Thank you, [/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]Nancy
Me:

Thanks for your reply,The light does not turn on. The batteries are freshly charged and the gold contacts have been carefully cleaned and the light top is very tightly screwed on. My diagnosis is that the driver electronics have failed. I worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped working from one day to the next
Jim
me again:
Hi Nancy,Can you recommend a legit supplier of your lights? What should I do with the dead one?
Nancy:
Has given no response yet, (it been about a week)

[/FONT]

Hey jbardwel,
Sorry for our late reply. Did your DIV15 problem solved? Nancy has quit our company long time.
Whenever and wherever you buy Brinyte dive light, we will provide 1 year free repair/replace and lifetime repairs.:-D
Our local distributor will help you, or you can sent it direct to our company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom