Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park - CT - July 16, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234:
That is a total bummer. Why did they chose to defer the vote? It seems that according tot his article all that matters to them is parking...gosh that parking lot should be able to accomodate at least 100 cars...

Just your typical town political machine. Everything is in the details. Not a deal killer by any stretch of the imagination. Towns (especially in today's climate) have to make sure that everything is accounted for, and that all the residents (taxpayers) are satisfied. Nothing new.

First off, you guys and girls need to get yourselfs down or up to the quarry to attend a dive breifing. This is a major project. Platforms under and on the water. A ferry to move people to an island or pennisula. Air fill stations. Emergency prep. Swimming facilities. Aquaculture and fish farming. Educational facilities for marine science. An inflatable trampoline for the kids (and maybe me if I get too narced). Cliff climbing provisions. A safe trail around the quarry (no small task). Canoe and kayaking co-existance with divers. Possibly food vending. Parking. Training facilities. The list goes on.

I see parking and overnight stays as a major obstacle and if solved this is going to be fun. I've done 2 dives in the quarry and am eager to get back in hopefully Sunday. (Doing Beavertail Saturday).

I would think it would take time to review the lease and plans. I was amazed by the size of plan.

Chris

"(Doing Beavertail Saturday)."

Where / What's Beavertail?

Anyone know if the pics from last weekend got posted anywhere?

--L1234

I plan on attending Sunday for sure. I will be hiking and biking on Saturday but home in the evening. If anyone needs a place to crash, p.m. me, I live a bit away but hey, it's free...

Hey all...I need a buddy for this weekend, as my regular buds are busy this weekend. Either day's fine, though I would prefer to start as early in the morn as possible, as high humidity + 7mm + me = bad. Any takers? Post here or PM, I'll get back to you this afternoon or evening.

Neil,
Come on down, we'll pair you up or take you out.

Looking for a buddy for Sunday AM at the quarry. Regular buddy is down (NO!, I did'nt hurt him!) Early would be good, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom