Bubblemakers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok - as always I like to change the subject slightly - but hey - it opens up a new discussion.

Anyway, I personally believe bubblemaker is a great idea and gets kids involved early on so they can develop with age. HOWEVER what is there to attract people a little older.

I am currently doing a project in my Communication studies class where we have to fill a gap in communication - I obviously chose something in diving.

I came up with a few ideas which all went down the loo then I had people in my class asking me about diving etc. I realised how little people of my age (16-19) really do know. The ideas some of the have (one person even asked if its like a long snorkel!)

Anyways, thats is my project - to inform 16-19 yr olds in my area of the diving near me. I am taking (in groups of 10) 30 people to do a try dive. I heard a meeting in my college and the response was amazing.

People my age are interested in diving - its just no organisations try to attract us to it. I fell into diving through my dad and the threat of a kiss from my instructor. I was lucky but others my age are left in the cold!

Abby,
I have a CD-Rom of me diving here in California a couple of weeks ago. If you are interested in using it to stir some interest and show your target audience the wonders of the deep, just send me an e-mail with your address and I'll send it right out. The video clip is about 13 minutes long and features some high tech toys in use... Hope that'll help you with your project.

Mario

Where abouts in the US are you actually – don’t want exact address, as I am not a stalker. I am just trying to plan my year out and will need to find accommodation somewhere around abouts where there is easy access for the decent diving!

Any reccommendations or ideas?

I will have to get back to you on that video footage thing - I am actually focusing more on trydives and am about to have my 1st experiences with an UW Video Camera next tuesday (23rd) - all good fun. Could get quite interesting. I may take you up on it tho - as it may be quite interesting to add in at the end - but i will get back to you as i am guessing it will be a large file and my computer probably wouldnt take it, nor would the ones at college so i would have to do it from my works computer (which is actually at home - but would need to be a bit sneaky!)

Anyways, any ideas or reccommendations on accommodation would be great appriciated!

Abby, the CD-Rom is a stand alone, plug and play type of set-up. You do not need anything special on your computer to view it. It's just like sticking a DVD movie into a player. The CD has whales, dolphins, and seals that we encountered in the dive. It's an interesting dive spot, as it's an active oil rig off of the California coast.

I'm in San Diego CA, which is as far south as you can get on California's west coast. It's sunny, and full of fun things to do. Though, you won't be able to club because of your age, there are places in Tijuana that you will be able to party.

But I'll try and take it in the nicest way!
I wouldnt be coming over to your side of the global till I was 18 anyhow as I am sitting my a-levels and fun stuff at the moment - it would be end of 2001 or beginning of 2002 probably with the rate of everything over here at the moment.
I was also looking to do something with Coral Cay Conservation - but I will start a new thread for that one.

Abby,
LOL! Sorry, didn't mean to leave you hanging there. I was mearly referring to the fact that the drinking age and therefore the minimin age to get into bar's and dance clubs is 21. Until that is we take a short 20 minute drive into T.J. Mexico, there we can dance till dawn and have a great time. I have dozens of friends who venture down there on a regular basis so we get preferential treatment everywhere we go. Not having to stand in lines for addmission, and not having to wait a half hour everytime you want to order a drink, let's you party that much more!

You should try to break away for a little while and come visit the land of muscles, fast cars and butt floss.

Ok - understand now.
I am just use to the British - 18 is the legal drinking age I guess - even though I already work in a pub - oops!

Anyways, I wouldn't be out there for the drinking side (although it would be nice.) I can't really drink anyway due to my kidneys so that kinda puts a dampener on pee-ups!

Thanx for putting me straight tho - started to feel a tad alienated cause of my age there - still do but hey - I'll live with it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom