Buddy diver needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He'd be really good at buddy breathing though. Nothing is worse than a buddy who Bogarts the Regulator in a Out of Air Emergency.

Reactions: RJP
He'd be really good at buddy breathing though. Nothing is worse than a buddy who Bogarts the Regulator in a Out of Air Emergency.

Yeah, but all the Dorito and Cheeto's crumbs...

Adding numbers to the end of a user name is pretty common--I do it on my eBay account and my gmail account. In each of those cases, it is the year of my birth. It is possible that the OP's birthday is April 20, for example. It could be nothing more than that.

Or it could be something more. Those of you who Googled it found one meaning. It isn't the only one.

Adding numbers to the end of a user name is pretty common--I do it on my eBay account and my gmail account. In each of those cases, it is the year of my birth. It is possible that the OP's birthday is April 20, for example. It could be nothing more than that.

Or it could be something more. Those of you who Googled it found one meaning. It isn't the only one.

The site which Google sent me to had an amazing photo from yer home town. :D

Boulder *is* sort of a "different" place. Way too hilly to for all that running. :D

Kevin

Unfortunately, I have no clue of either. :idk:

Meaning #1: It is a code phrase for smoking marijuana. There are all kinds of theories about its origin, with apparently the most likely one originating in a code for a group of students who used to meet at 4:20 AM to smoke before school. Here in Boulder, there is a huge marijuana smoking party held every year on April 20, with college students essentially daring police to ticket them. This year's event drew 10,000 marijuana smokers.

Meaning #2: This one is less known and far more secret. On 4/20/99, I was working in the central administration of our school district when two of our students entered their high school (Columbine) and killed and wounded a lot of people. Before even the bodies had been discovered, I was assigned the task of seeing if the rumors of some vast Internet conspiracy were true, and I trawled the Internet newsgroups and everywhere else I could search of clues. One of the first places I found was a skinhead site where the owner, exulting in the carnage, had written in big bold letters: "Happy Birthday, Adolph!" He was trying to promote the idea that this was a skinhead/neonazi rebellion against the infiltration of the country by non-aryan groups. I learned then that 4/20 is Adolph Hitler's birthday, a date revered by such people, some of whom use it as a sign to identify their allegiance to the cause.

Meaning #2: This one is less known and far more secret. On 4/20/99, I was working in the central administration of our school district when two of our students entered their high school (Columbine) and killed and wounded a lot of people.

I remember that terrible day and the grief it brought teachers and students even though we were living in Louisiana at the time. I had forgotten that it was on Apr. 20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom