Budget Accomadations in Kahao Lak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

My girfriend and i are going to start our travel adventures in Khao Lak on March 21st with a few days of beach and diving, We are going to stay in Khao lak and i will do a few day trips to the Similans since she doesnt dive....

Can anyone reccomend a decent guesthouse or hotel that would be considered budget in this area??

The hotels i have seen are all over 200 Baht per night - We are looking to pay 1200 -1500

any ideas?

Thanks

Russell

Check out the reviews and booking services here at these websites
Guide to Khao Lak Thailand: Photos and Reviews of Resorts and Hotels
Khao Lak Beach: Info and Booking for Resorts and Bungalows in Khao Lak

I will strongly recommend staying in Nang Thong Beach because of its accessibility and to avoid exorbitant taxi fares. Back in Feb, we stayed at the amazing Nang Thong Beach Resort which was right in the middle of town. Most of the hotels along the beach will charge 2000 bh/night. There are some bargains inland away from the beach but most of the backpacker budget places have not been rebuilt. Father & Son Bungalows and Khaolak Inn looked nice if you don't mind being next to the highway instead of the beach.

I stayed at the "Country Side Inn" and paid 1800 baht, a couple of weeks ago, the rooms were really nice... If you go to Bang Niang you can easily find a room for 500baht, off the beach, with fan and no hot water.... one is called "Amsterdam Bungalows"...

Back
Top Bottom