Buenos Dias de Guatemala City!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!
I'm new here, and a new diver. My wife and I live in Guatemala City, GT and will soon take our open water course in Utila. I'm excited to become part of the community both online and locally. If you happen to know anyone diving in Guatemala, I would love the introduction. My Spanish is still pretty basic, but I welcome the opportunity to practice!

Welcome aboard Scubaboard!

Awesome! I did my instructor training in Utila and really enjoyed it. I haven't done any diving in Guatemala but there is some nice diving in Nicaragua and Costa Rica as well. Enjoy the diving!

Welcome to the Board. Let us know of any good shore diving in Guatemala once you get going. My one tropical trip was to Portobelo, Panama with good results. Yo se como media las palabras en Espanol pero is bastante.

I roamed around Guatemala a few times, with some long stays in Antigua attending language school and hanging out around Lake Atilan. A beautiful country, I hope your time there is enjoyable.
Diving the waters of Atitlan was a shock after getting acclimated to the tropical water of Utila!

Hi and welcome aboard.

I roamed around Guatemala a few times, with some long stays in Antigua attending language school and hanging out around Lake Atilan. A beautiful country, I hope your time there is enjoyable.
Diving the waters of Atitlan was a shock after getting acclimated to the tropical water of Utila
I am looking forward to doing Lake Atilan. It looks interesting, but certainly different than the Caribbean. My Spanish teacher is in Antigua. Antigua is certainly the expat capital of Guatemala.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom