Bug bombed equipment...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrispete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was storing my equipment to dry after diving yesterday in my girlfriend's garage, and I didn't realize that they were planning on bug bombing the house and garage. I just found out that they did bomb the garage, with all of my equipment out in the open (regs out of their bag drying, etc.) Does anyone have any idea what effect this will have on the equipment chemically (i.e. would it cause damage to neoprene or silicone) and what steps I should take to remove the poison from my gear so that I don't start twiching during my dive tomorrow morning or kill off half the lake? Any help would be appreciated.

It's unlikely to cause any problems. Just wash your gear again.

Oh, and what is there to see while diving in your girlfriend's garage? :p

- Warren

Those poor baby fish will be dropping dead in your wake! haha

Warren's right....just wash your gear again real good. I think I would replace the mouthpieces just as a precaution tho.

Thanks for the info, I'll clean it off again and try to catch the dive shop as they open to get some new mouthpieces.

Warren: Such a setup, such a setup, but since this is a family board, I'll leave it be. :wink:

Dee: Well, I rented a camera setup for tomorrow to learn the basics of UW photo, guess one thing I'll be good for is stunning the bass while swimming by, should be able to get some nice shots then. :)

Back
Top Bottom