Bug Hunting Trip to Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pensacola:
Does anyone know what the bottom temps will be in a couple of weeks? Is the limit for one day 6 or 12? Thanks

If we don't get an upwelling of cold water, you can expect bottom temps of about 81 -83 degrees along the 70 foot reefs.

The 2 day mini-season limit for WPB is 12 per person per day. Regular season starts on Aug 6th and the limit is 6 per person per day.

seaboyforever:

After this last year of Bug hunting in Florida. Most of my Diving was on the Charter boats out of Neptune and along the east coast of Florida.

However I spent my bug hunting at the end of the season.

My questions pertains to me planning a trip back down at the beginning of the season.

1. How plentiful will the bugs be at the start of the season?

I2. Is it worth waiting a couple weeks or months?

3. Also I want to buy a tickle stick that has a automatic spring that closes the loop without having to pull it(if that makes sense), where can i purchase one online?

Now since i will be staying with my brother in Boco Roton, its easy to find charter boats local, rathar then paying for a hotet at a great distance.
This trip will only consist of bug hunting, and spearfishing...

I tend to bring down with me 2 wetsuites, 2 booties, 3 masks, 1 BCD Aeris XT Atmos, 2 regs setup, 1 hoody, 2 spearguns, 1 c8, 1 D8 lights,1 pocket size light, 1 diver down bouyo 1 blunt tip knife, 1 knife, whistle, 2 pairs of gloves, C-cards, passport, credit cards, cash, Dive log book, 4 catch bags, 1 lobster hotel, 1 citizen hyper aqualand, 2 water proof cameras,Fish Identification chart with limits and seasons,

Thanks Scubaboard. You guys are the best. Dont know how I lived without you for last 20 years.lol

seaboyforever

I heard that the automatic snare ( spring load ) can damage the lobster.

JRScuba:
I heard that the automatic snare ( spring load ) can damage the lobster.

It does, they end up split open and on the grill.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom