Bula Vinaka!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rick, or should I say Bula?

I'm coming to Fiji in May with with all my dive buddies and will be staying at Beqa Lagoon. One of ours will be celebrating her birthday while we're there. Do you have any suggestions to make it extra special? Are there any local birthday customs? And do we really have to worry about covering our arms and shoulders and knees while we are away from the resort?

How's the shark dive?

Thanks for any information and welcome aboard.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Bratface:
Hi Rick, or should I say Bula?

I'm coming to Fiji in May with with all my dive buddies and will be staying at Beqa Lagoon. One of ours will be celebrating her birthday while we're there. Do you have any suggestions to make it extra special? Are there any local birthday customs? And do we really have to worry about covering our arms and shoulders and knees while we are away from the resort?

How's the shark dive?

Thanks for any information and welcome aboard.

Making special occasions extra special is one of the things that Fijian people excel at. You don't have to worry much about it - just let them know in advance (and remind them a few times - they have memories like sieves!) and they will whip something up no doubt.

Wear a sarong (men too) if you are visiting a village, taking part in any sort of ceremony or meeting anyone important. Otherwise no need to be anything but sensible. Over the years the influence of missionaries has made them a little bit prudish but not to the extreme.

Shark dive is unreal. Very professionally organised and an awesome spectacle. Make sure you go with Beqa Adventure divers and NOT AquaTrek. Nothing wrong with AquaTrek per se - just a different and inferior shark feed.

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to Fiji....just 23 days and one long plane ride.

We stayed at Treasure Island in November and only saw TWO sharks. I'm ready to come back and see some big fish............any recommendations?

Happy Diving Bula

Well that's too bad that so many fish are getting in the way. I hope it gets better :)

Back
Top Bottom