Bungie cords for bottom timers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if the place still exists, but there used to be a link to "Bungee by the foot". I just googled and couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I posted here once, but I'm too lazy to find my post. That was the least expensive I have ever found.

Danny D:
Just wondering where you guys get your bungie cords that we use to attatch to our bottom timers instead of the wrist band ?

bob1dp:
Can you explain to me what you are doing? Attatching what to what and why?
Bob,

The idea is to use two parallel loops of bungie cord to attach your bottom timer, watch or compass to your wrist, in place of the "standard issue" strap. The bungie cords are easy to slip on and hold the devices in place better than the straps. If you tighten the strap at the surface, it tends to slip around as your wet suit or dry suit compresses at depth. This is just a matter of convenience - if the strap works for you there's no burning reason to make the change.

I did a search to find a pic, and found one of my old posts :D
http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1948
That's how I've done mine.

The other reason many of us use this method is so we don't end up without our computer at the end of a dive. If your strap breaks, or a pin falls out, your computer is gone. With this setup, one bungee can fail, one pin can fall out, you still have your computer. Very safe setup. Plus, I just slip it over my dryglove rings and leave it on the suit. Compass is done the same way.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom