Bush May Create Largest Marine Reserve in the World (NPR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call me skeptical, but for W to take interest in this there has to be oil involved.

Why?
He owns the most green house (his Crawford, TX ranch) of anybody in national politics (that I've heard of).

This is just a move in the grand chess game of politics. Bush sets up some marine reserves here and there and then is allowed to drill for oil in other places.

No one (in politics) does anything without a little quid pro quo.

Everything else aside ... the possibility to creating more MPA's is good news. There are always going to be pros and cons to things, but some form of protection for our marine resources is better than none at all.

Given Bush's recent request for more off-shore drilling, it looks like it really was just a political move.

What is wrong with drilling? Please! We need more oil and thats how you get it! You "No drill" "No Nuke" Solar and wind people make me sick as people go out of business! Get of your high horse and get a clue! The rigs make great reefs as well! We will allow the Chinese to go 60 miles out or 92 miles like in Miami, but we won't take or own oil! Stupid is the only word for that and the Dumocrats that support it! He already designated the area north west of Hawaii as a marine park and sanctuary! We can do all the things we need to do, Solar, Nuke, TIDAL, wind, Coal, Gas, Oil, and new technology without "Hurting the Environment!" Just sitting on our butts like Nancy and her bunch isn't going to do anything except drive us further into a hole that the left seems to enjoy! :lotsalove:

His ranch is 80 times more efficient than ALGORE's huge, "Used 10% more power this year", Home! So I know everything in the free world is his fault, buy a clue! Best 5 year economic run in history, No new attacks on the US in 7 years, Brought Moemare to the table to give up his nuke program! All thats his fault as well! BTW we have won the war in Iraq and thats his fault as well! :shakehead:

Reed, Just who are your directing all that vitriol too?

Just for the record, I do not oppose off-shore drilling. The more the US can do to support it’s own oil consumption the better. That said, off-shore drilling does need to be rational and carefully controlled.

Can we take it to The Pub, please?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom