BVI Air Fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gcrackr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I am researching rental equipment for our bareboat catamaran charter, got all the details, etc., including info on where we can get tanks refilled at all the spots in the BVI. All looks good, then I see a post about fills taking 30 minutes? Really? We don’t own a tank, so I have no idea, but we’ve been on LiveAboards and they seem to fill 20 tanks, simultaneously, in an hour, some with Nitrox. What’s the real time it takes in the BVI. Also, is it true that a lot of the shops close at 4:30?

DiveBVI in the Yacht Harbour on Virgin Gorda is open 8-5. IDK about their shop at Leverick Bay but they recently got a new Bauer K15 compressor there so it's probably as quick as is possible there. What's the rush, you're on Island Time...:D

Did you ask anyone if they'll just swap tanks with you? (obviously it has to be their tanks) DiveBVI has 3 locations where you could if they will - in addition to ^ they're on Scrub Island. Call them. 1-800-848-7078

You know about Rendezvous Diving right? They bring tanks so you can keep/use yours on other dives. Rendezvous Diving | Dive BVI A couple of the Tortola shops do that also.

I believe if you dont own tanks, they will just hand them out to you and that would take about two minutes;-)

For most island ops you'll be lucky if you can get a fill in 30mins, especially for 4 or more tanks. It usually takes that long to find the operator, or they have a fill order or two in front of you or their equipment only has 2 working whips, or "dat guy didn't come today" or the compressor is down or ??? Peter island has excellent equipment and fast fills and the dock master will usually let you come along side to off-on load at the dock, so no dinghy ups and downs. Scrub and Marina Cay likewise will let you come along side, can't speak to Scrub's speed, they were not filling for at least a year, maybe two after installing their new compressor, Marina Cay is average. Soapers Hole also has a transit dock you can use for a bit to get good fills w/o a dinghy loading.

The good news is you can have a beverage and do a bit of walking/shopping/ice/fuel/water while you are waiting for your tanks. Cooper is one of my favs even thought they have been SLOW and you do have to man-handle your tanks into the dinghy, but sitting at the beach bar sipping a Pain Killer & munching some conch fritters is not a bad way to wait for your fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom