C58 in Cancun Broke in half

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mako Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Had the boys come in off the wreck today, the first dive after teh Hurricane Ivan swell died down, aparently the wreck broke completely in half and the large bow section has been turned 180 degrees and is lying on its side.

I will try and get some pics and hope to dive it in a few days te get the full scoop, but this will considerably increase the risk od the dive for those who are doing penetration.

Serious destruction! Is the C-58 the one a bit north of Cancun, or about 20 miles south?? A few years ago we dove a ship about 1 mile offshore of Puerto Morelos with a gun on the bow, and a grid like deck on the rear, but I don't know it's "number" & I was wondering if this was the C-58?? Thanks for any info. DDD

That's really too bad.

I dove that wreck about a month ago with Dive Puerto Morelos. The dive was very enjoyable and the wreck was amazing. (The 3 eagle rays in formation above the wreck were also magnificent.)

Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you post showing the wreck's current condition.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom