Calling All "FLUFFY" Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chest restriction is not acceptable.

Pete

Then I am in deep doo doo, short of a visit to a surgeon. I do think that the superstretch neoprenes fill a valuable niche. It is when I started to notice multiple fit issues that I started to be interested in custom suits. Wearing my 3mm short isn't a big issue as I am diving it in warmer water. Wearing a heavier suit short might be as I am going to lose a lot of needed thermal protection.

Problem is, no one here fits for custom suits. I'd have to rely on measurements taken at home.

Thanks for everyone's comments on custom suits.

Then I am in deep doo doo, short of a visit to a surgeon. I do think that the superstretch neoprenes fill a valuable niche. It is when I started to notice multiple fit issues that I started to be interested in custom suits. Wearing my 3mm short isn't a big issue as I am diving it in warmer water. Wearing a heavier suit short might be as I am going to lose a lot of needed thermal protection.

Problem is, no one here fits for custom suits. I'd have to rely on measurements taken at home.

Thanks for everyone's comments on custom suits.

BTW, I wasn't talking about squishing the "girls". I mean respiratory issues for each gender.

If you can sacrifice some protection the stretch suits have a niche, I agree with you there. I have had some comment that they can wear a 7mm stretch or 5 mm conventional suit for the same conditions. It's all subjective but there is a difference.

Also I speak from my geography. Locally, warm water and ocean diving do not coexist. We have what most would call cold, low 60s F on the best of days down to 36F or so. With that challenge you think twice before compromising.

Pete

Buy a Rip Curl wetsuit. They are made a little more on the "fluffy" side. Buy the best rubber you can afford. The best stuff is so flexible and stretchy it will fit anyone comfortably. I dont know if they still make them, but there were some zippertless. You stretched out the neck hole and climbed in. My current suit is flexible enough that i think i could put my head in up to the knee, starting from the ankle. Very comfortable.

I ended up getting an XL Aqualung Hyperstretch from my LCD. The owner of our local wetsuit seamstress was in today doing fittings. Got 20% off my alterations! Had my arms and legs shortened with zippers added to the ankles. This will be a great fit when completed!

Hi Fluffy diver... I to am a bit fluffy.... I like to use the word curvy!!! I have had a custom wetsuit by Wetwear and I love it. I have about 150 dives on it now and it is still great. The material they use lasts longer and keeps you warmer. My suit was the same price as a lot of the top quality suits in the dive shops. I have a lot of friends who also have a Wetwear wetsuit and they are all happy as well. The Arm and Leg expansion zippers are also a big bonus! Taking measurements was not as hard as I thought it would be, and it was worth every bit of it. I have never tried on a suit that fits me as good as my Wetwear suit. Good Luck.... from one fluff to another...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom