Calling all So Cal underwater photographers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so here they are, Lexy, straight from the CCD website - LOL! They clear as you click on the individual shots. They should also include fish butts, so that they can be recognized as they swim away. :wink:

So, see you Saturday? What time are you going over?

Lexy, I think most of mine are ID'ed, but feel free to brouse my gallery to your hearts content.

Since we're now talking algae, how about the red and purple "flowers" in this picture? They're actually both purple, but my flash was too bright. I only find these on wrecks below 120 feet.
20234caissons_corynactus.JPG

kelpmermaid:
so here they are, Lexy, straight from the CCD website - LOL! They clear as you click on the individual shots. They should also include fish butts, so that they can be recognized as they swim away. :wink:

So, see you Saturday? What time are you going over?

Hi Kelpmermaid - Did you try to post a URL? I didn't see it in your post. Fish butts are always helpful too :) LoL. Yes, I 'll be out on the 6:15 AM boat out of LB, at the Point bright and early. What time are you gonna be there?

Lexy:
Hi Kelpmermaid - Did you try to post a URL? I didn't see it in your post. Fish butts are always helpful too :) LoL. Yes, I 'll be out on the 6:15 AM boat out of LB, at the Point bright and early. What time are you gonna be there?

And obviously was not successful, LOL!

http://www.ccd.org/CatalinaSpecies/index.html

Don't stress...it's not ALL the fish in the sea. I hope they'll all cooperate Saturday. For the class last year, we were able to find both types of kelpfish.

I am headed over on the 7 AM from San Pedro. I hope I'm not the last one there...but I'll be closer to human when I arrive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom