Calmer seas on the north-west?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QueenAngel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick question or two. I was curious to hear from others who have dived the northwest sites around Habitat, if they find the water a lot calmer in the north of the island than down in the more south western sites. IE The Producer.
The last time we were in Curacao, we found the water consistantly extremely rough. Could anyone comment on this?
Also, I believe I had read that there was a new resort opening around Habitat, but I have forgotten the name of it and I can't find the post. ( I should have book marked it.)
Any comments would be appreciated.
Cindy

QueenAngel:
Hi all,
Just a quick question or two. I was curious to hear from others who have dived the northwest sites around Habitat, if they find the water a lot calmer in the north of the island than down in the more south western sites. IE The Producer.
The last time we were in Curacao, we found the water consistantly extremely rough. Could anyone comment on this?
Also, I believe I had read that there was a new resort opening around Habitat, but I have forgotten the name of it and I can't find the post. ( I should have book marked it.)
Any comments would be appreciated.
Cindy

Cindy

I would think ocean conditions would depend on the time of year, and local storm activity. We were at Sunset Waters (West End) last Nov and the water was very calm. But one day winds picked up from a storm at sea and sent waves all up the coast. We had to abort our second AM dive and return to dock. Since no PM diving that day, we drove to Willemstad and stopped at some of the other resorts. They had much worse conditions there, and we watched as one the Hilton's docks got wiped out.

Chuck

chuck e:
Cindy

I would think ocean conditions would depend on the time of year, and local storm activity. We were at Sunset Waters (West End) last Nov and the water was very calm. But one day winds picked up from a storm at sea and sent waves all up the coast. We had to abort our second AM dive and return to dock. Since no PM diving that day, we drove to Willemstad and stopped at some of the other resorts. They had much worse conditions there, and we watched as one the Hilton's docks got wiped out.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,
Yes we were there in late January/ early Feb in 03 and the seas were 4-5 ft on a good day. We thought that was the norm there, as they didn't close the harbour and the boats still left no matter what the seas. (Like they do in Coz) It was like this for the entire 2 weeks we were there. One day the wave action was around 6 ft height and threw me 10ft backwards off the ladder. Glad I didn't land on anyone. We had heard that the water was calmer up north around Habitat for shore diving. We would love to go back, but try something differant like Habitat or that new place that I had heard about.( can anyone help me with the name?) Thanks for the reply Chuck.

Cindy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom