Camera Storage on Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the tips people, I appreciate it.

yeah, what he/she said, those soft padded beverage coolers work great, collaspable for traveling.. probably have them at you're local Wal-Mart like store.. sized according to your rig... and stuffed with towels, wet or dry? Some have a little zipped storage pocket on the outside too...

I use a 72 qt igloo. It will hold my dive gear and I take my camera gear as carry on when traveling. The scuba gear is then switched to a mesh bag and the cooler becomes the rinse bucket for the camera if the boat doesnt have a big enough rinse bucket. After the dive and rinse, the camera rig gets toweled down and the cooler water can be used to rinse gear. The camera rig goes back in the emptied cooler.
Good protection for the rig and insulation from bumps and the elements.

I recently saw a DM use a soft cooler just as Gilligan and others suggest. It worked great, but was not used for the rinse feature.

---Bob

howarde:
How small is the boat? No rinse bucket?...
If it's a small zodiac chock full of tanks and divers, there will be no rinse bucket, or if there is room for one it will be empty before you leave the surf zone.

On these occasions it's perhaps best to use one arm to hang onto the boat, and the other to wedge your baby under your armpit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom