Camping Near Vortex Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajosh77

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at planning a trip during fall break, first week of October, and looking for campground recommendations. I've read that the campground at Vortex Spring sucks. Willing to drive 45-60 min from campground to dive. Have a 32' travel trailer. 50amp service and water required.

Ponce de Leon RV park is nice and quiet, only 10-15 min away. Good prices too.

Have you tried Grayton Beach State Park? It's in Santa Rosa Beach, about an hour from Vortex, but you're close to Destin if you want to do some Gulf diving as well. Not much going on in Ponce de Leon, FL.

Pine log state forest has some good camping. I've only ever done primitive there, but I know they have some RV sites with hookup. It was very cheap (10 dollars a night for mine), and about 25 mins from both Vortex/Morrison, and PCB/St Andrews for some ocean diving.

Pine log state forest has some good camping. I've only ever done primitive there, but I know they have some RV sites with hookup. It was very cheap (10 dollars a night for mine), and about 25 mins from both Vortex/Morrison, and PCB/St Andrews for some ocean diving.
Looks like a great recommendation! Thank you!

I dove at Vortex Springs for the Nav Dive & the Night Dive on my AOW course.

I "camped" at the Hilton Garden Inn in Panama City. It was very nice. :cool:

So we ended up booking at Live Oak Landing. Wife wanted someplace closer to the beach. Anyone been there?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom