Can A VT Pro Transmitter be Used on Newer Oceanic Integrated Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kkbiker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After many good years of use, I'm finally giving up on my beloved VT Pro Integrated Computer because it keeps flooding. I have successfully and unsuccessfully replaced the battery and my LDS has also successfully and unsuccessfully replaced the battery. I sent it back to Oceanic once and they did a great job bringing it back to life until my LDS screwed it up again. I am looking at the Oceanic Atom 3.1, the OCI, the VTX and the Mares Icon HD and wondering if I can use my old transmitter with these computers? Only Mares includes the transmitter in it basic price.

There should be no reason it should not work, as long as both are Oceanic. Mares may not work. The computer must be programmed with the transmitter's serial number. As long as you have the SN, you should be able to program it to the receiver computer.

Mares will not work. It will work with the oceanic computers but I would hold off on the VTX there has been several issue with it.

There should be no reason it should not work, as long as both are Oceanic. Mares may not work. The computer must be programmed with the transmitter's serial number. As long as you have the SN, you should be able to program it to the receiver computer.
I have the SN so I should be ok. Thanks for the reply

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom