Can I be a OFWF Pleeeeeeeease???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - dumb question - what's a Zipperhead?

Coyote - I was out your way last summer with my regular snorkeling buddy... There's some fantastic stuff to see and do out there - have you been to Cape Enrage?

We were staying at Fundy National Park and thought we saw a cool cove to do some swimming around in - we parked the car, grabbed our fins, mask and snorkels and headed down the path.
10 minutes later, when we got to the cove - the water was...

GONE! Poof! Soyonara! I couldn't believe it. I wish I had taken a time stamped picture from the car or something. Wet seaweed 20 feet over our heads, but not a drop of swimmable water in the entire cove. In retrospect, I'm glad we weren't out there - I imagine that can be a nasty riptide.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
OK - dumb question - what's a Zipperhead?

A Zipperhead is a gentleman; courageous, honourable and intelligent (not to mention increadibly handsome). Women want to be with him and men want to be him.

Zipperheads are blessed by the by the Holy Trinity of Armour, Firepower, and Battlefield Mobility. They ignore Meatheads, give the finger to Zoomies, rescue the Lawndarts, and pity the Grunts. They love sappers, LogWogs, the seven mile snipers, and bartenders.

"SABOT! One Five Hundred Tank in Open ... ON"

Zipperheads (or thier cousins the Track heads and the Treadheads) are Canadian Tank soldiers. There are two stories how they got the name. First a Tankers crewsuit has no button all pockets are zippered (Buttons can get caught on all of the things inside a tank). The second is that anyone spending time in tanks tends to get bashed up a bit, and will get stitches (zippers)

Ontario Diver once bubbled...

A Zipperhead is a gentleman; courageous, honourable and intelligent (not to mention increadibly handsome). Women want to be with him and men want to be him.

Zipperheads are blessed by the by the Holy Trinity of Armour, Firepower, and Battlefield Mobility. They ignore Meatheads, give the finger to Zoomies, rescue the Lawndarts, and pity the Grunts. They love sappers, LogWogs, the seven mile snipers, and bartenders.

"SABOT! One Five Hundred Tank in Open ... ON"

Zipperheads (or thier cousins the Track heads and the Treadheads) are Canadian Tank soldiers. There are two stories how they got the name. First a Tankers crewsuit has no button all pockets are zippered (Buttons can get caught on all of the things inside a tank). The second is that anyone spending time in tanks tends to get bashed up a bit, and will get stitches (zippers)

ewwwwwwwwwww I'm not a DAT. I drive the Coyote

Hello

Don't feel alone Coyote I have freinds who live in Chatham NB and dive the Marmache river all the time.

Hidboy

Since you are in an Armd Regiment, you are still a "Zipperhead":armed:

My brother in law was in Kandahar and commanded a Coyote. See a pic below of them at the Kandahar Airport.

I know most of the guys that were in Kandahar. Recce Squadron is the squadron that went over and I was in Recce before i got posted out here. Is your brother in law still in Recce or did he switch squadrons?.

here's another picture of a Coyote in Kandahar.

Coyote once bubbled...
I know most of the guys that were in Kandahar. Recce Squadron is the squadron that went over and I was in Recce before i got posted out here. Is your brother in law still in Recce or did he switch squadrons?.

He is still in Recce as far as I know. His coyote was the first one in, he and his driver were the one's who painted the I Love New York thing on the coyote that was on the news. They did so while on stop over in Germany. BTW, he remembers you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom