Can I buy an underwater camera on Utila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vash

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, just a quick question. I want to buy an decent underwater camera and i'm in la Ceiba at the moment. I figured that since it's a diving island they probably have underwater camera's, but it might be more expensive then La ceiba, cause it's an island. Anyone knows by any chance?

Couple of thoughts on this.

1. There is a new dive gear shop on Utila. They seem to be reasonably well stocked and the prices are surprisingly good. Its in the large building just as you get off the ferry. If anyplace has them for sale, I would guess that this is it.

2. I seem to recall that some dive shops rent underwater cameras. I have no recollection of whether they are digital or film or what quality they are.

3. I suspect you are more likely to find them in Utila or Roatan than Ceiba, but if you really want one, I'd buy the first one you see.

Hope that helps a little.

Not likely. It's a cheap rent island paradise, not much in electronic sales.

I would think that the third largest city in Honduras also popular with tourists would have more possibilities.

I couldn't find one in la ceiba, all cybershots, so just gonna try every shop on Utila. Thanks for the replies.

VASH,
Cant you order online? I know from Roatan I can have items sent to the shipping company US address and get it in Roatan. Seems the mainland would be even better set up for this or maybe even UPS/DHL or similar. Sure there is duty to pay but even so being able to get whats wanted at US prices is still pretty cost effective.

Sure. Try Scubatoys.com etc. I bet they can ship direct too.

I know you can rent digital cameras at Utila Dive Center - reasonably priced. Sony Cybershot and Sealife 800 spring to mind. Not sure if Dive Shack sells cameras or not - but they are right off the ferry so easy to check. Can't think of any other place that might actually sell them on the island, and I was just there for 3 months.

Thank you all, i ordered one online and they are shipping it to me. Easy as that.

Thank you all, i ordered one online and they are shipping it to me. Easy as that.
Nice! Spare batteries, spare SD cards, study book thoroughly, practice shooting & editing land shots - particularly low light shows. :thumb:

:pilot: Have a great trip...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom