Cancun in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jupiter, I am going to Cancun in one weeks time. I will be there from August 13-20th. The day you arrive, I will be going home. To bad, I would have met up with you to dive. We have a time share there, but I haven't gone in 5+ years. Had back reconstructive surgery. This will be my first dive in 3+ years. Hoping for the best results.

For local information. I can tell you that I have been very impressed with Aqua World. I originally was certified as Open Water in Cancun in 2003 through Aqua World. I have been in contact with them for the last few weeks also. I am going to get my certification in Nitrox which cost $180 including two dives. Then I will be doing a 2 tank wreck dive, and a 2 tank dive in the underwater museum they started in Cancun in 2009. I have heard nothing but good things about the museum there. There is over 120 tons of underwater statues there and a great reef. Also, if you have the time, definitely do the Cozumel reef wall dive. Aqua world has quoted my a price of $147 for 4 tank dive of the wreck and underwater museum; which is the best price around. Then if I chose to add the Cozumel dive it will add another $100. I think I won't have time to add Cozumel this time; as I have the kids and don't want to leave them with my Mother to watch them for 3 days. As it is, I am going for 2 days.

I picked up a dive computer for the trip. I was able to get the Oceanic Veo 180 for $149; which is a awesome deal for a beginner computer that does both air and nitrox with capability for PC uploads.

If you have any questions regarding diving or where to travel, eat, or visit, then fill free to email me @ firedawgs@hotmail.com

Take care and be safe,
Sean

I just bought a wrist dive computer too. I found a

Just read the post about Whale sharks. That is completely awesome. Is the trip a guarantee to see whale sharks? Where do you dive to see them? What are the depths and there any reefs or other sights while diving for the sharks?

Also, looking for a place to rent a underwater diving for pictures of the dive. Anyone have a place that rents the equipment?

Just read the post about Whale sharks. That is completely awesome. Is the trip a guarantee to see whale sharks? Where do you dive to see them? What are the depths and there any reefs or other sights while diving for the sharks?

Also, looking for a place to rent a underwater diving for pictures of the dive. Anyone have a place that rents the equipment?
Aren't you on a cruise from Boston to Bermuda this week? Just looking over your posts...

There are Ops with excellent records in finding the Dominoes; you may need to open a new thread asking for suggestions tho. You snorkel with them, not scuba dive, but wear your wetsuit so you don't have to wear a life vest as the latter would slow you down too much. Also take your own snorkel gear as it's surely better than the loaner gear. I did the Whale Sharks out of Holbox and we did end up on a snorkel site where one could see fish in clear water but I never bothered with that part really. I was usually ready to chill after chasing Dominoes as hard as I could a few times.

You want to rent a camera? Really, and I do not mean to be insulting - please concentrate on learning to be a safe diver & buddy for the first hundred dives. Hire someone to shoot pics of you two on a dive. Newbies so often lose their cameras anyway, and I have caused myself problems following mine even after a few hundred dives.

"has quoted my a price of $147 for 4 tank dive of the wreck and underwater museum ; which is the best price around"

WOW, is this for a private dive master included, that comes up to 73.5usd per 2 tank dive, and that is unbelievably expensive and maybe THE HIGHEST PRICE IN TOWN.
for a 2 tank museum and a 2 tank wreck we charge 120usd and if divers have their own equipment 110usd for more than 3 DIVERS 100usd so it IS NOT THE BEST PRICE AROUND FOR A HUGE BOAT AND ABOUT 6 GROUPS OF 6 TO 7 DIVERS EACH GROUP.

Maybe a little research SHOULD BE DONE before stating something we really do not know about, or it may be taken the wrong way.

To any one looking for diving services in Cancun I suggest you always check comments and reputation on dive centers on sites like trip advisor or scuba board.

HAPPY DIVING

Hey Danny, I went to Bermuda 3 years ago for a wreck dive. Now have a few more dives under my belt, but nothing near a hundred. The two other I am diving with havent dove in a while. So yes we will use the buddy system. This will my first dive since two back surgeries so I will be a little more causious.

Dive Pro, I hope I didn't affend you with the price qoute. I will look up your website and email you. I think I am going to do my Nitrox certification while there, so I will get a qoute for that. Then I will be diving the wreck dive and museum with my wife, and mynsister will only be doing the museum.

I'll email or PM for pricing. Our main goal is not to just to find the best price, but a safe friendly dive master to go with. Thanks for the information. Look for my email shortly.

Hey Danny, I went to Bermuda 3 years ago for a wreck dive. Now have a few more dives under my belt, but nothing near a hundred. The two other I am diving with havent dove in a while. So yes we will use the buddy system. This will my first dive since two back surgeries so I will be a little more causious.
Duh! :silly: I looked at dates of your Bermuda plans, but missed the years. So are you still under 24 dives or haven't updated profile?

hey danny, i went to bermuda 3 years ago for a wreck dive. Now have a few more dives under my belt, but nothing near a hundred. The two other i am diving with havent dove in a while. So yes we will use the buddy system. This will my first dive since two back surgeries so i will be a little more causious.

Dive pro, i hope i didn't affend you with the price qoute. I will look up your website and email you. I think i am going to do my nitrox certification while there, so i will get a qoute for that. Then i will be diving the wreck dive and museum with my wife, and mynsister will only be doing the museum.

I'll email or pm for pricing. Our main goal is not to just to find the best price, but a safe friendly dive master to go with. Thanks for the information. Look for my email shortly.

hey firedawgs, got your email and just sent some info for you....let me know what you think
and no worries

Hey Danny, I am probably right at 25 dives. I'll update it when I return from Cancun. Because of my two back surgeries I had I haven't dove in 4 years. So, keeping me as a newer diver is fine with me. I fill safe enough to back into the diving again though.

Dive Pro, got your email, thanks. I emailed you back. Thanks for the great information.

In that case, I would not suggest carrying a camera. I did not for the first hundred dives to avoid task loading and I still screw up because of mine, plus newbies lose them so easily. Hire a photographer for one dive to shoot you and your dive.

Back
Top Bottom