Canon HF S10 Wow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

" Angry monster spider crab attacs underwater camera..."
Is the last clip (2 days ago)
HF S10 clip isn't there.

Spidercrab was recorded with Canon G7, but I have new video with HF S10 recorded in the sea (actually in Atlantic Ocean) it called "Demo underwater clip with Canon HF S10 recorded in Connemara, Ireland. HD" can't insert link, check on youtube for underwaterireland

Does anyone know if one exists? I have googled my fingers to the bone and can't find one. Why can't they make an adaptable underwater housing that will fit a wider range of cameras... I've got 3 different housings now - sigh

Does anyone know if one exists? I have googled my fingers to the bone and can't find one. Why can't they make an adaptable underwater housing that will fit a wider range of cameras... I've got 3 different housings now - sigh
What model #? There are a lot of cameras in the Vixia line.

Each needs a unique housing since the controls are in different places on the different Canon models. Ikelite houses most of them but is still model specific. Equinox provides similar options.

The problem though lies with Canon. Since they locate the controls in different areas on each camera body and don't provide any way to control the camera electronically, housing mfr's have to make a specific housing for each camera model so the control rods line up correctly.

If you have a HF100 or HFS-10 (and $3800+) L&M just released the BlueFin for it afaik.

Equinox have it for $899 (I have this housing) but it will not give you full controls. It's not a big issue with HF S10 because camera does everything perfectly itself (light+color control/correction) in auto mode. But even those partial controls ... I can't say more at this moment, need more time to test it more.

If you have a HF100 or HFS-10 (and $3800+) L&M just released the for it afaik.

... It's not a big issue with HF S10 because camera does everything perfectly itself (light+color control/correction) in auto mode.....

Above water I can believe it, but UW with moving subjects ? Not so sure. Could be, but I'll wait until I see actual footage.

Speaking of which, where is all the uw video of the HF S10 in action? Anybody?

Aditech in Spain makes a really nice electronic housing (# MVHDC-S ) for the HF-S10 with integrated 3.5" monitor (about 2000 euros). The housing offers full control of the camera underwater with 13 button : on/off camera, on/off monitor, osd, menu (func), enter (set), up, down, left, right, start/stop, photo, wide, tele. Flat (with M67 thread) or fathom wide angle ports. Inon UWL-100 lens does not fit (vignetting and distortion). I have this housing and I am really happy with it. No vignetting with the flat port. I've just ordered the dome port.

Ikelite has just published the specs of their housing on their website: Ikelite Housing for Canon Digital Video Cameras (shipping mid-august) #6095 for $800

Alright ladies and gentleman, I had the Light and Motion HF-S10 housing out this past weekend. It was a dream to work with, kept everything on auto this trip just to get use to diving with the housing. I was really surprised at the footage. I didnt have my UW white balance slate, forgot it. And I didn't have a green water filter just the blue water filter. I was diving at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, Pa. Hopefully I should have a little test up on my Vimeo page.

Cant wait to see it Ed. I reviewed the clips I shot of the whale sharks in Holbox 2 weeks ago. Nothing good, it was very shaky due to the swells. I must say in those conditions I sure love my big heavy EX1 rig!! Image quality was superb though!! The wide angle lens I tested from L&M that fit from their old VX housings vignetted REALLY bad. I had to zoom in quite a bit to get it from vignetting. Thankfully, this was not the port they will be using on the housing, just one that happened to fit the opening.

Back
Top Bottom