Canon PowerShot SD960 IS vs. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coadavid

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm on the fence between these two cameras. Both sound great, and have relatively comparable features.

I haven't been able to find a single u/w review of the Sony (which may be a sign not to buy it), but from the generalizations I hear from most photographers, Canon makes a better lense/sensor (esp. for low light).

I'd go with the Canon handsdown based on reputation and positive reviews alone if it weren't for a couple features on the Sony that pique my interest:

- Faster shot-to-shot time (1.7 sec vs. 2.6 sec on the Canon)
- Burst Shot mode (~10 shots/sec)
- Bracket Shooting (3 pics at once w/ 3 exposure settings)
- Sweeping Panorama Capture (camera's internal processor can piece images together automatically to make a panoramic photo) -- this one's not necessary obviously, but cool nonetheless.

Any thoughts? I know I'm talking to a bunch of Canon fans, so hopefully you can convince me to get the Canon without that nagging feeling that the Sony might have been better... :cool2:

Any input is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom