Canon S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! What's a good housing that I can attach an external strobe? Will a canon housing do? Can you also recommend a good entry level strobe?

sevensearider860: who makes FX100 housing? I only found Panasonic when I googled for FX100.

By the way, I already have a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 camera, but no housing. Do you think using an S100 instead of the TZ5 for underwater is a good choice?

The FIX housings are good and give you all kinds of options-- that is what I chose.

I don't know anything about the Panasonic cameras.

luk:

From your post: Rob - from your comment "Vignetting only occurs if you are using a wide angle lense that has it on it's widest setting."
You mean, you can set the camera's angle right? so if I dont set it to widest, I dont need to have a wide lens, or dont need to zoom in to take care of the distorted edge, right?
how does the canon housing + s100 work for you? how is it compared to the FIX housing?

Yes, I meant that with certain wide angle lenses you have to zoom in one setting to eliminate the vignetting on the corners. However, for better photographers than me, there may be some slight distortion on the edges just with the camera (no wide angle lens on it). I'm just not good enough to notice nor really care. Maybe in the future. Second, I haven't used the Cannon housing. Based on all my reading, it is more likely to flood and it does not have the same controls on the housing (rear wheel control), so it will be my back-up (when I buy a second, cheaper S100...I bought my first at the top of the market). I will also take it on trips that photography is not a high priority, when just being underwater is the priority. Diving spouse wants some trips that we just dive and I don't spend all my time photographing.

Rob

It's worth mentioning that holding down the ring function and pressing the left /right arrows does the same thing as the back wheel which is missing on the Canon housing. It's more difficult than using a knob but does the job.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you everyone for the useful information:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom