Canon T2i + Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would forget Nimar (a italian company) as i know people they had too much problems with them.
On a budget like yours i would suggest a Ikelite housing and 1/2 DS-160/161 strobes. Ikelite are very well made housings and strobes and are a excellent value for the buck.
I rather would save some $$$ on the housing and invest them in 2 strobes, a macro and a wide angle lens and both ports than buying a more expensive aluminium housing.

Chris

It's pretty small, housings are coming tomorrow! I'd say the biggest differences are ergonomics, controls, construction, included flood alarm. Locking port system is pretty nice too..on the RDX the standard port/port base locks, but not the others on the port base. Not a big deal. On the Nauticam you can also use legacy ports from just about any system - I shoot with a S&S Optical dome port for instance.

BTW my pricing on the RDX 550D above was off by $100, it costs a bit more than the RDX D60.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom