Can't hear Cobra alarms underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Am unable to hear the alarm beeps on my Cobra 3 while underwater.

Any one else have this issue?

Any settings to increase volume or duration of the alarm?

If you can't hear your computer alarms, then we can't either.

And that's a very good thing. Most of us divers, we like the peace and quiet of nothing but our bubbles.

There's nothing more than an annoying beeping computer that someone set to audibly remind them of something they should already be doing because they monitored their computer and/or gauges often enough that they don't need to be "alarmed".

Am unable to hear the alarm beeps on my Cobra 3 while underwater.

Any one else have this issue?

Any settings to increase volume or duration of the alarm?
Many of us can't hear high-pitched sounds underwater. Two solutions: get a computer that vibrates, and/or look at your computer more often. Or, a third possibility is to lean to dive so your computer doesn't feel a need to alert you.

This thread is a good example of how the wrong question is asked but correct answers are provided to the right question that wasn't asked.

This thread is a good example of how horrible people can be.
This is the interwebs, I get that, and you can be a jerk if you want to. But crappy people like the guys who answered the OP’s question in that manner—is just the way of the world, sadly.

crappy people like the guys who answered the OP’s question in that manner—is just the way of the world, sadly.
Ok, well rather than provide what are well intended, useful answers by me and @tursiops (a well respected scientist and instructor); helpful not only to the thread starter but to anyone he might dive with, why don't you actually answer the question, rather than launching insults at people you don't even know?

rather than launching insults at people you don't even know?
Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Note complexion.

Ok, well rather than provide what are well intended, useful answers by me and @tursiops (a well respected scientist and instructor); helpful not only to the thread starter but to anyone he might dive with, why don't you actually answer the question, rather than launching insults at people you don't even know?
One of my worst diving memories was diving Blue Magic in RA with at least 60 of my closest friends. Someone in the scrum had the loudest computer blaring

If you need an audible alarm, you have ZERO situational awareness and should find a different activity to spend your time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom