Question Oceanic Pro Plus X alarm volume

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mercracing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was using my new Oceanic Pro Plus over the weekend in class. For giggles I wanted to make the alarm go off so I would know what it sounded like. I ended up playing with it with an instructor, and the alarm technically works however you basically have to have it pressed to your ear to hear it. Is that normal? I looked in the manual and it doesn’t look like there is a way to adjust the volume.

Anything I’m missing?

By your location and the current date, I'm guessing that you were wearing a hood.

If so, audible alarms are often difficult to hear with hoods. Without hoods, they are easier to hear, but hard to tell where they are coming from. In group dives, you'll eventually encounter alarms going off. Usually, the person whose alarm it is doesn't seem to hear it.

So, best to get used to checking your computer regularly and not rely on the alarm. I have audible alarms turned off on my computers.

I am a brand new diver. This was in a pool, and I was not wearing a hood. I plan to be keeping an eye on my computer, but I was hoping the alarm would be a good backup in case I missed something.

When was the last time the battery was replaced in your Oceanic Pro Plus?
It is/was a brand new unit that I had just gotten. I reached out to Oceanic about the battery life and the alarm volume. They asked me to send the unit in so they could look at it. I should have it back this week, and hope to have it in the pool this coming weekend. I will report back on how it sounds then.

Audible alarms are hit or miss in the water. Get used to checking your console often. Bolt snap on your waist or hooked to a retractor for ease of use.

Audible alarms are hit or miss in the water. Get used to checking your console often. Bolt snap on your waist or hooked to a retractor for ease of use.
I have it on a retractor now, and I am planning to teach myself/get in the habit to check it often. I only want the alarm as a backup in case I miss something.

I had the same issue. At some point I did hear it but for the most part it's just too soft. I think that's normal.

Back
Top Bottom