Question Oceanic Pro Plus 3 Battery indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarR

Registered
Reaction score
About the battery indicator upon boot-up:
I just replaced the battery in my Oceanic Pro Plus 3 and the battery indicator has not changed.
It still looks like this (see attached).
Is this normal? Does it ever look full?

PP3 Battery indicator.png

I used to own a PP3 (I don't have it currently) but IIRC, when a fresh battery was put in, it would show as a new ("full") battery on the display.

Does it show as full when you first turn on the PP3 & it is going through the diagnostics? Have you tried a volt meter to ensure that the battery is still good?

I used to own a PP3 (I don't have it currently) but IIRC, when a fresh battery was put in, it would show as a new ("full") battery on the display.

Does it show as full when you first turn on the PP3 & it is going through the diagnostics? Have you tried a volt meter to ensure that the battery is still good?
It does not show as full as it's going through its diagnostic. The new battery checks out at 3 Volts on a Volt meter and on a battery tester. There's no indication of Low Battery messages.

It does not show as full as it's going through its diagnostic. The new battery checks out at 3 Volts on a Volt meter and on a battery tester. There's no indication of Low Battery messages.
Then I would say that there might be a chance that your display is faulty and not showing the 2(??) extra bars that a full battery would normally show.

@Hoag
Got a reply from Oceanic.

Hello, thank you for reaching out.
The battery only needs to be changed if the low battery icon remains on after the diagnostic screens clear. It will always illuminate that low battery icon (all displays are illuminated) during boot up.

Back
Top Bottom