Oceanic pro plus 3 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maudiver216

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have an Oceanic pro plus 3 computer that's about 8 years old and it seems to have a mind of its own and turns on by itself. I'm not sure why this is happening but I was wondering if anyone had any quick solutions.

After I had its battery changed last year, I noticed that the battery died after only a handful of dives. I believe I had it changed this year as well, but am now noticing the computer beep as it turns on while it sits in my closet. I'm scheduled for about 12 dives next week and would hate to show up to the dive boat and find that my computer is dead.

Any insights into this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
MV

....and it seems to have a mind of its own and turns on by itself.
There's been similar reports like yours. It has to go back to the factory where sometimes it's been determined that water intruded. Possible entrances could be thru the dust cap or QD while rinsing but NOT connected to a pressurized tank. Sometimes the factory will offer a reduced price 'refurbished' replacement, but not always. You could always ask your local shop to rent you a simple cheap HP gauge to pack along as vacation insurance.

Back
Top Bottom