When to change Oceanic Geo 2.0 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question for my fellow Geo 2.0 owners: if I last changed the battery about two years ago but only have 15 or so dives on it since then and it is not showing a low-battery indicator, am I safe going on a small dive trip (~10 dives) without changing the battery, just bringing a spare with me and changing it if the computer starts to show a low battery indicator?

Related - when you change the battery, does it lose your current tissue loading data? For example, if I change it in the middle of a multiple-day series of dives?

The manual says
"When the battery is removed, settings and calculations for repetitive dives
are retained in the unit's memory while a new battery is installed."
Which I take to mean tissue loading does not reset. I always changed mine before dive trips so I can;t actually confirm this is true.

If you haven't done so recently, I recommend a new o-ring with the battery. Any Geo 2.0 at this point has a pretty old o-ring if it hasn't been changed. I'm pretty sure that's what caused mine to flood a couple years ago

Yes, definitively install a new O-ring if you change the battery yourself. We never, ever service a dive computer without replacing the O-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom