cape ann night dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ide like to. What time do you like to meet? I work in ayer so maybe we can meet somewhere near there. Let me know the time and ill see if I can be out in time.

jtrain01:
Ide like to. What time do you like to meet? I work in ayer so maybe we can meet somewhere near there. Let me know the time and ill see if I can be out in time.

going up to nubble around 6ish leaving from pepperell and you are more than welcome to join us for the dive and ride up. am going with my boy and nephew. do you have a # i can reach you at???

nite_diver

Dash_Riprock:
The first official club night dive will be on Wednesday June 22. Meet at the BK at 6:00PM an determine a site from there. Most likely Back Beach or Plum Cove for that one.

I'll be adding another one, probably for a Nubble Night dive shortly as well. I'll be looking for you on the 16th....Al

Al. are you going out this Sat. (11th) ? I plan to go Sun. with Mark and gang but Sat. looks like a great day too. Let me know, you can e-mail me (you have the address from the club roster) or call. Lookin' to get wet and chase some bugs!
Rick B.

Rick2:
Al. are you going out this Sat. (11th) ? I plan to go Sun. with Mark and gang but Sat. looks like a great day too. Let me know, you can e-mail me (you have the address from the club roster) or call. Lookin' to get wet and chase some bugs!
Rick B.

Sorry I missed your post till now Rick. Yea, I'm going out his morning (Sat). I'll be with my wife and It's going to be her first time cold water diving. So it's going to be a slow-going proccess. I don't expect to be chasing aroud any bugs today since I'll most likely be glued to Nancy. Have a good Dive with the boys tomorrow..Al

Chebby:
My most memorable night dive was at Folly Cove. Not because I saw anything great, but because I left my clothes on the shore and a whole bunch of water bugs got into my underwear....eghhhh.....still gives me the chills....

If you left your clothes there, did you drive home al natural?

I've never dove at night yet, but I'm waiting to get in a few more day time dives before I do. I think around September I'll be ready.

STOGEY:
If you left your clothes there, did you drive home al natural?
I meant I left them on the rocks while diving. I drove home in my wetsuit and boiled the clothes and those damn insects. Jeans came out alright, but t-shirt shrunk and lost color so I threw it out.

Night diving is cool, I want to do it again this year. Too bad the lobsters are off the limits while night diving. In New York it’s the opposite, divers go on night dives to get bugs.

STOGEY:
I've never dove at night yet, but I'm waiting to get in a few more day time dives before I do. I think around September I'll be ready.

Stogey,
If you've been diving around Boston, then you are already accustomed to night diving!
There isn't much difference in the vis between night and day around Boston.
Before my first night dive I was nervous about it, but after I got in the water I realized the vis is about the same as during the day!
John C.

Back
Top Bottom