Carbon Monoxide Testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12 dives in Cozumel, no CO poisoning as far as I can tell. Then again I didn't even bring an nitrox analyzer and just trusted whatever was on the label. Heck, I didn't even bring an underwater defibrillator in case I had a heart attack underwater, let alone a bangstick in case a nurse shark got too frisky. CO analyzers are so silly, but that's OK, I'm laughing at you not with you :) Do y'alls pack your own parachute on the plane ride over in case of pilot failure?

Do y'alls pack your own parachute on the plane ride over in case of pilot failure?

I don't. I could land the plane with adequate guidance on how to operate the various systems.

False analogy and ad hominems aren't the best ways to make your point, but don't let that prevent you from letting everyone know how much cooler you are than the rest of us :D
I don't think there was a point he was trying. It seems that insulting those who strive for more safety than he bothers with is comical to him. There was a time when those who used SPGs and two second stages heard similar cracks from the cool divers.

False analogy and ad hominems aren't the best ways to make your point, but don't let that prevent you from letting everyone know how much cooler you are than the rest of us :D
I disagree. Hyperbole makes the point better than any other method in my experience. It's not a matter of being cooler than everyone else (though I won't dispute that point), but a matter of statistics or simple common sense. Whatever floats you guys' boats. But I've been hearing people in this CO threads that will buy CO analyzers before they even own dive computers and that is just weird to me. YMMV obviously.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 05:38 PM ----------

I don't think there was a point he was trying. It seems that insulting those who strive for more safety than he bothers with is comical to him. There was a time when those who used SPGs and two second stages heard similar cracks from the cool divers.
Well we sure can laugh at those who carry Spare Airs :) Oh, sorry! I guess that wasn't too cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom