Caribbean cruise - diving tips needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm diving with Admiralty on St Thomas and Dive St Kitts on St Kitts (!) in August. I f you can wait until then to decide, I'll post an AAR here.

I dove with Aldive in Dominica, me and my dive buddy agreed, we loved this place. I don't remember tons of fish, but it was the coral structures and color was was impressive. I like when a dive operator lets your air supply determine the end of your dive. Helps that when a cruise ship is in town that pretty much dominates their diving day. They don't have to worry about getting back to grab lunch/clean out the boat and get the 1pm group.

No complains with Blue Island out of St Thomas, filled out all paperwork on their boat, never had to go to a diveshop first.

Just got back. From St. Thomas and St. Kitts on a cruise. (I'm a new diver with limited dive experience so I can't compare to other sites.)

I dove with Underwater Safaris on St. Thomas. We went to shipwreck cove. It was a real easy dive. Like diving in a swimming ppol that happened to have fish and coral in it. Got to dive around a shipwreck in 40ft of water that is broken into 3 pcs. The deck is collapsed above the engine room so you can see down to the engines. It was pretty cool. The boat was nice and the crew was cool.

I dove in St. Kitts with Iyanola charters. We dove the Pitons. There was a very cool dive. It's a drift dive called superman flight. It was a little advanced for me so I spent a lot of time watching my gauges to make sure I didn't get too deep. The boat was tiny. There were 11 on the boat and maybe we could fit 2 more. The crew was cool though. I liked St. Kitts. It looked prehistoric. It looked like you would see a dinosaur coming out of the jungle.

Hi guys, I will be visiting the following destinations as part of my 7 day cruise in mid November. I would like to dive in 1 or 2 destinations and need to choose the best places based on quality of diving. The itinerary is:

San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. Croix USVI
St. Kitts
Dominica
Grenada
St. Thomas USVI
Out of the places mentioned we have done GRENADA and DOMINICA. They are both completely different, but if I had to choose, it would be Grenada. We booked both ourselves and both picked us up from the cruise terminal, took us to the dive sites, did 2 dives and were back on board no later than 2.30pm. We dove with Aquanauts, Grenada. The first dive was 20M / 63ft and second was around 47 feet. We saw the statues underwater - memorial to slaves brought over from africa, plus various other art - look it up on Youtube.
We dove with Nature Island Dive, Soufriere, Dominica. The dives were 27M/84 ft and 17m / 52ft. We saw 5 seahorses and 2 massive flying gurnards on the bottom grass. We also dived near the bubbling rocks.
We have also dived quite a few of the dive excurtions from the ship and found these to be just as good. I usually book all the excursions and any islands not catered for, i do myself. Have a gread cruise, yours is before mine, as I have to wait till next march........

Reviewed the St Kitts dive here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lesser-antilles/429218-st-kitts-diving.html

St Thomas with Admiralty Wreck Dives St. Thomas USVI Scuba Trips Guided Snorkeling Packages was excellent. Went out with Capt Fishbutt and Duane (the owner), and 6 divers total. Dove the Kennedy, a barge, and Sprat Point a series of reefs. Vis was down to about 50ft from Ernesto that went through a couple days before us. Great dives anyway. Saw a moray, stingray, turtles and fish galore.

Since we were on a cruise, they brought us back to the shop, rinsed all our gear, and the owners wife drove us back to the ship.

We are doing the same Celebrity Summit itinerary next March and are diving everywhere except St. Kitts. On St. Kitts we are doing a family sailing excursion instead. Not everyone dives, so it's good to spend at least 1 shore excursion together :)

We are doing the same Celebrity Summit itinerary next March and are diving everywhere except St. Kitts. On St. Kitts we are doing a family sailing excursion instead. Not everyone dives, so it's good to spend at least 1 shore excursion together :)
Check out Royston tours if you havent already booked. The non divers had an excellent day with them. I'm not sure if they do sailing, but the land tour was great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom