Caribbean with non-diving spouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazedone:
What about Roatan for me and my non-diving spouse? That place looks pretty neat.

I would not recommend Roatan for a non diver. I still don't know why the cruise ships stop there. West End is ok but still not much there could be done in an afternoon. Some of the resorts offer island tours, horseback riding, dolphin encounters but if it were me and I did not dive I wouldn't want to be there for a whole week IMO.

Grand Cayman is a good choice for non divers if you got the $$$$.

The wife and I have been to Aruba, we had a pretty good time there.

The wife has no problem sitting by the pool with a book and relaxing. She also does not mind going shopping, etc.

Aruba is a great choice.
My wife had a great time while I was diving, and we had a great time together when I was ashore.

Good luck.

bridgediver:
fairly ambiguous statement... why not?

1. The wind
2. The lousy shopping
3. The wind
4. The lousy food
5. The wind
6. The lousy night life
7. The wind
8. The very arid landscape
9. The wind
10. The island's saturated development

If your wife is happy reading a book in the sun, any rock in the Caribbeans will do. If she needs a little more, well, read here. When I dive, I'm pretty much happy anywhere. Had I not been diving, I probably would have had the same reaction as she did.

Back
Top Bottom