Carnival Cruise leaving from San Juan - Question!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I've been on several cruises but never left out of San Juan. We booked this cruise through travelocity and Transfers were not included. They wanted to charge us 24.00 per person for round trip transfers...there are 4 of us. No way I am paying 96.00 for a trip that is 8 miles each way. Anyways, found out that you can take a Taxi from the airport to the cruise ship dock. The info I found on Carnival's website said it would run about 16.00. When I asked Carnival about this they said it was "total" and that it was "not per person". I'm excited about this but a little nervous, too.

Has anyone taken a taxi from the San Juan airport to the San Juan Cruise Ship Terminal? Remember how much you paid? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Michelle & Rick

Taxi will run about $16/18 for 2 people. There is an additional charge for more people and luggage beyond 4 pieces. However, it's highly standardized there. Think it's $1/bag for each extra piece.

When you exit baggage claim, just stand in line for the taxi coordinator. He will ask how many people, count the bags, then give you a slip with the price on it. Give it to the driver and he'll take care of you. VERY easy - not a place you need to take cruise ship transfers.

With Carnival, you should be docked in Old San Juan, right downtown. Hope you're getting in early enough so you can get back off the ship and enjoy the town a bit before your evening departure. Don't forget to be on the starboard (right) side of the ship as you pull out of port so you can see Fort Morro all lit up - beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom